Macro %L doesn't work

Herb Lewis herb at chomps.engr.sgi.com
Mon Apr 30 16:27:37 GMT 2001

Antonio Navarro wrote:

> Hi all
> I've SuSE 6.4 with Samba 2.0.6 and i don't know why but line Samba doesn't
> convert %L by hostname.
> My smb.conf is like:
>
> netbios name = SAMBASRV
> include = /etc/smb.conf.%L
>
> if i execute testparm it say's:
> "Can't finf file /etc/smb.conf."
>
> Could somebody tell what i'm doing wrong?
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> Antonio Navarro
>
> Security Data, S.L.
> Systems Director

The testparm program does not pass in a server name so the include
line in smb.conf gives that error. If you want to check the results
with a particular server name use testparm -L <servername>
Herb Lewis                               Silicon Graphics
Networking Engineer                      1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy MS-510
Strategic Software Organization          Mountain View, CA  94043-1351
herb at sgi.com                             Tel: 650-933-2177
http://www.sgi.com                       Fax: 650-932-2177