Samba 2.0.7 needs to be rebooted each time,...

peter peterth at gmx.net
Thu Apr 26 13:41:03 GMT 2001

Hallo all,

strange thing, every morning the office people go back to there desks they
can not login into the server , instead they get the error message "no
domain server found for password validating".
We did test the connectivity trough a ping from the clients to the server
and vice versa, it worked.
We checked the smb.conf for wins and other microsoft related stuff and said
it is ok.
We checked the interface "eth0" on the server and it was ok.
Then , we did reboot the server and all worked fine.
The thing is we do it every morning, now with a cron entry but that makes no
sense for me at all.
Maybe it sounds strange but is there a way to monitor or keep alive the
network during the night because we do not want the server to reboot all the
time and my boss gets angry ;-&

Have a nice day,
Thalmann Peter