%U and %u functionality change in 2.2??

Jason Haar Jason.Haar at trimble.co.nz
Wed Apr 25 21:50:43 GMT 2001

On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 09:16:07AM -0700, Gerald Carter wrote:
> On 25 Apr 2001, Matthew Keller wrote:
>

> > I've been using %U macros within "include" statements in Samba 2.0 for
> > years now. 2.2 doesn't seem to like them anyore. Has this
> > functionality changed? I checked the smb.conf man page, but it doesn't
> > seem to say anything different. I'm really hurting without this
> > functionality (including different conf files depending on user name).
> > Any help would be most appreciated.
>
> Is it not being expanded?  Can you give me the details surrounding the
> problem and send me a level 10 debug log when it fails?  Have you tried
> %u?

A "me too". There definitely appears to be a problem with "%u" expansion.

Under 2.0 series, I set the log files as:

log file = /var/adm/samba/%u@%m-%M-%a.log

The was cool as I'd get nice logfiles like
"jhaar at ntwks-i.p.addr.ess-Samba.log"

Now that produces:

"%u at ntwks-i.p.addr.ess-Samba.log"

This also affects "%U".

This is 2.2.0 under Redhat 6.2

--
Cheers

Jason Haar

Unix/Special Projects, Trimble NZ
Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417