\\MyHostname is inaccessible???

Hanz S Yoro hanz_irvi at edsamail.com.ph
Sun Apr 22 16:37:35 GMT 2001

Hi,

    I'm using Slackwarwe7.1 and installed samba(2.0.7). I configure my smb.conf file and rebooted. I have another computer running WindowsMe. My problem is that when i tried to acces my shares in my linux box from me - through the network neighborhood - i could see the workgroup of my linux box which is SLAK, and when i click it i see another blue computer icon w/ a caption karakus(karakus is my linux box's hostname) however when i tried to click karakus an error box is displayed saying:

    \\Karakus is not accessible.

    No permission to access resource.

    Is their something wrong with my samba configuration? I have attache my smb.conf file. Any help will be appreciated. Thanx!!!

Regards to all,

Hanz

www.edsamail.com