SWAT users other than root

Carville, Stephen 1065 Stephen.Carville at acefis.com
Sat Apr 21 00:48:59 GMT 2001

- Just remember that the user you give SWAT away to is only a 'root
- preexec' away from being root, so this might not be what you want.

The alternative is to hand him the root password so the net effect is the
same.  If I can add "root preexec" as 'pseudo' root I can add it as the
'real' root.  I am trying to arrange things -- mostly with sudo -- so that
the root password is only needed in emergencies.

If there is another way to allow editing the smb.conf file without giving
away root I am all ears.   In any case.  I am not handing this to some
win-feeb.  The other admin is UNIX savvy (and my boss so I don't have much
choice).