Samba+Winbind

wolfgang.jais at kochmusic.com wolfgang.jais at kochmusic.com
Wed Apr 18 13:59:06 GMT 2001

Dear Andrew Tridgell

I have a small Problem. At the moment I am using Samba_2.0.7, and I must
say this is a very good product, but until now there is a limitation. The
User on the Windows and Unix Machine must always be the same. I think this
was so or I have overseen some fundamental configuring steps. But thats
obsolete with Samba_2.2. Now I plan to test and eventually upgrade to
Samba_2.2.

I will also need winbind. But I can't find a server from where I can
download this special software. I have read in the Samba documentation that
this feature is not included at the moment. It must be downloaded
seperatly. Can you tell me from where I can download this special kind of
software.

With personal regards

Wolfgang Jais
KOCH International AG