session request failed

Eric Berg eberg at tribalddb.com
Tue Apr 10 15:47:41 GMT 2001

I had some similar problems.  I upgraded samba to 2.0.7 (latest as of
this writing), but the thing that solved this problem was upgrading my
kernel from the 2.2.14 that come with RH 6.2 to 2.2.18.

Try that and see if it addresses your problem.

-Eric.

Steve Kleene: [Monday 9-April]:

> Having read the man pages and faqs, I posted a question last week to both
> comp.protocols.smb and this mail list.  (I am using the same Subject header I
> used last week.)  I got no response, so let me try to simplify the question.
>
> I am trying to use samba-2.0.3 to get from my Linux machine to a Win98
> machine.  When I run "smbclient -L" and get a "session request failed"
> message, is the problem confined to the Samba installation on my Linux
> machine, or can this also happen because the Win98 machine is denying
> permissions?  As I mentioned in the original post, there are no testparm or
> logfile errors, and the two machines can ping each other.
>
> Thanks.
>

> --

Eric Berg
Director of Techology