Problem with permisions (to ONE share with MANY folders within).

marcin.kowalski at portgdansk.pl marcin.kowalski at portgdansk.pl
Mon Apr 9 07:22:10 GMT 2001

I have one share (f.e. SYS) with mamy FOXPRO aplications in different
folders. I've to gave to some people permisions to write and some people
permision to readonly.

share:
\\samba\SYS
with:
		drwxrwx---		root aplication1  	aplication1
		drwxrwx---  	root aplication2 		aplication2
		drwxrwx---  	root aplication3 		aplication3

I have tree groups one for each folder in share (SYS) people within this
groups have rights to WRX, how to make group with rights 750 ( rwxr-x--- ).
I can't make folder to be readable for all ( rwxrwxr-x ).

Doing more shares each for one aplication isn't good idea for me. ( maybe is
posible to mask permision to folder by create new share, or create symlink
with other rights (but this is probably inposible ) ).

Any idea?

best regards/ pozdrowienia
Marcin Kowalski
marcink at portgdansk.pl