Win 98 ...

j.logsdon at lancaster.ac.uk j.logsdon at lancaster.ac.uk
Mon Sep 18 08:00:59 GMT 2000

I have just replaced one of my Win95 machines with a Win98 machine.  I
have set the registry setting to enable plain text passwords but cannot
access the Samba server.  If I set the server to encrypted passwords, I
cannot access the server from the W95 machines.  Other IP services are
fine - browsing, mail pulling etc.  The password is all upper case.

Any clues please - I am using rather an old version samba-1.9.18p10 on a
RH5.2 machine.  I don't want to have to upgrade just for this reason - too
many other things to do!

TIA

John