SAMBA and NT browsing

Anthony Ewell aewell at gbis.com
Sun Sep 17 18:27:11 GMT 2000

Hi Georg,

   I have several Samba, NT workstation networks.  The NT network
neighborhood will disappear if the "guest" account gets bumped.
Add (and modify to taste) the following lines to your [global]
section of smb.conf:

       guest account = pcguest
       log file = /var/log/samba-log.%m
       max log size = 50   ; size in Kb

Then go to /var/log samba-log.[nt name] and check
your errors.  It will show if your guest account is
getting bumped.  (I added an entry to /etc/smbpasswd
for pcguest to cure mine.)

Good luck,
--Tony
aewell at gbis.com