Printing NT to SAMBA 2.0.7 is too slow

rwagner at zeunastaerker.de rwagner at zeunastaerker.de
Tue Sep 12 11:36:07 GMT 2000

Hi all,

we use the following equipment:

- SAMBA server: SAMBA 2.0.7, AIX 4.3.3

I defined a printer share and tried to test ist. All worked fine, but it lasts
30 seconds untill the print output arrived from NT to SAMBA/AIX!

I increased the default level and found, that there were 2 _lpq -Phomes_
commands were executed but in AIX a print queue _homes_ didn't exist. I defined
a printqueue with the name homes. Now a printing from NT to SAMBA needs 8
seconds. Printing from NT to NT needs less than 1 second.

My questions:

- why issues SAMBA _lpq -Phomes_ ?
- what can i do to speed up printing?

TIA

Reinhold Wagner, Zeuna Staerker GmbH & Co. KG