PANIC: assert failed rpc_parse/parse_net.c

Gordon Butt gordon at edam.demon.co.uk
Sat Sep 9 21:03:04 GMT 2000

I did some experimentation today and found it wasn't the number of secondary
Unix groups causing this effect, but that of the NT groups the user was a
member of.

Server affected was 2.0.7 with NT authentication ( security = domain).

It seems that 2.0.4b (the other server version I have access to) does not
panic, it just fails to connect.

Users in more than 80 NT groups are affected.

Now I need a fix for the parse_net.c! Unless someone else has another way
round this problem?

Gordon