Few quick questions

Gerald Carter gcarter at valinux.com
Mon Oct 30 13:43:18 GMT 2000

Should be directed to the main samb mailing list.

Jason Osborne wrote:

> However, when I try to view the shares under windows 98, it
> says that the computer could not be found on the
> network. any ides?

netbios name resolution problems.

  o check that the win98 machine is configured to use the WINS
    server for name regtration and resolution (as are the other
    machines as well).
  o the win98 machine only has TCP/IP installed (no other
    network protocols).

> I noticed that samba is display users home directories on
> the same machine after logging in under a different user
> name. This of course is bad security, but I am unsure how
> to correct the problem.

	[homes]
		valid users = %S

Cheers, jerry