What the #*$& did MS change this time?

Tom Syroid tom at syroidmanor.com
Sun Oct 29 16:53:46 GMT 2000

Win98 and NT-SP4 and above (includes Win2K) sends passwords to Samba
encrypted.

Two options:

ONE: Configure smb.conf to use encrypted passwords (encrypted passwords =
yes) and create the smbpasswd file on the Samba server. See the
documentation.

TWO: Apply a registry hack to your NT4-SP4 system to send passwords in
clear text. The .reg files you need are available from www.samba.org.

/tom

--On Sunday, October 29, 2000 9:39 AM -0700 Dwight Tovey