smbtar question

Bob Lee bob at sunstarip.com
Thu Oct 19 16:19:13 GMT 2000

When running smbtar to backup a remote NT system to my local
FreeBSD (4.1) box, the tar.out file is created in my "home"
directory no matter how I specifiy the tape drive. Is this normal? I
don't have enough space on the drive to accomodate the entire
backup so I was hoping that smbtar would write directly to the
drive. I have tried the -t switch with /dev/rsa0 as the device and
have also set the Environmental variable to the same. Any
suggestions?

Thanks
Robert A Lee
SunStar IP Communications
PGP Public Key at http://pgp5.ai.mit.edu
Key ID 0xAACADD54
Fingerprint 6B 3A 39 F5 21 99 6D 86  45 DD 11 0B AE F5 E3 96  AA CA DD 54