veto files

Subba Rao subb3 at attglobal.net
Thu Oct 19 11:14:39 GMT 2000

Hi,

I have used the "veto files" flags for my users home directory shares.
The syntax is as follows,

        veto files = /.*/

This is to hide all the dot files in the samba client.
I stoped and restarted samba and sure enough the dot files do not get listed.

One problem that has showed up is, when I try to save a file from the samba
client (windows system) to the samba server, I get the "Error Copying File"
message box,

"Cannot copy xyz:A file with the name you specified already exists. Specify
a different filename"

This happens to any file that I am trying to move to the samba server.

Is there any other directive that should be used along with "veto files"
directive?

Thanks in advance.

--

Subba Rao