French characters in user names?

Louis Chrétien lchretien at jdeq.com
Sun Oct 15 18:44:47 GMT 2000

Hi all,

since this is my first posting on the list, please forgive my errors.
Here goes:

I'm trying to install Samba 2.0.7 on RedHat 7.0. Everything comes up
fine, and most users can log on, but a couple of us have french
accents in our names (ex: Louis Chrétien)

I tried defining those in the usermap file, but without success. So i
guess I have two questions:

1) what is the best way to define usernames with spaces in them? I
kind of figured that user1 = "Joe User" works, but should I be using
single or double quotes on the Windows name?

2) is there a way to accept internatinal characters (like the e
acute) in user names?

Thanks in advance,
--
Louis Chretien