Win explorer issues

Gary James gary.james at criticallink.com
Mon Oct 9 15:16:37 GMT 2000

I'm having the same problem. Except that after a few seconds my file
will still not copy. I've found a couple files that I can not copy
anywhere onto the samba server.

Heres a few observations that I've made...
The file often makes it to the drive on the samba server.
After I get the error from windows I end up with 2 processes on the
samba server attached to the client. The first (original) process
still has the file open (SWAT reports... Sharing=DENY_ALL, R/W=WRONLY,
oplock=NONE). At this point the second process seems to have taken
over the connection.

I don't know if this is related at all but I might as well mention
it...
Last week I changed out my firewall hardware. In doing so I messed up
part of the script that the modifies the /etc/hosts file. Now samba is
not on the firewall, but it broke. About half of the office could not
write anything to the server, the other half had no problems. When I
fixed the firewall everything was back to normal, where just a few
files fail to write. I don't know if this matters, everybodies DNS
goes through the firewall to our ISP.