Windows 2000

Matthew Halliday matthewh at fesa.co.uk
Mon Oct 9 13:04:30 GMT 2000

Hi all

We've now got Win 2000 server and professional on site and I need help
on 2 areas:

1> I need to enable the client to authenticate against our Samba
fileserver until we bringing Win2000 server on line as the PDC, but when
joining the domain I get an error message saying "Cannot connect to the
domain - the procedure is out of range"

2> I will soon need to authenticate against the Win2000 server running
dhcp, but still need to run the samba file server (with static IP
address)and as I understand it, the windows machine needs to use the
same passwords as Linux.  Is there anything else I need to do?

I have Samba 2.0.7 installed (Network Neighbourhood still says 2.0.5a
but log.smb says 2.0.7 has been started)

Thanks

Matt
Unless otherwise agreed expressly in writing by Fesa UK Limited, this communication should be treated as confidential and the information contained therein may not be used or disclosed except for the purpose for which it was sent.  If you are not the intended recipient of this communication please contact the sender immediately.
WARNING:  Computer viruses can be transmitted by e-mail.  The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses.  Fesa UK Limited accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.
This e-mail and and attachments may not be copied and forwarded without the written consent of Fesa UK Limited .  In the event of copying or forwarding, the recipient will be required to idemnify Fesa UK Limited against any claim for loss or damage caused by any virus or otherwise.