Samba crashing Debian TCP/IP stack ??

Steve steve at stevenet.olafsolutions.com
Mon Oct 2 22:02:53 GMT 2000

Hey Guys,

I have a linux machine that is running Debian Linux with kernel version
2.2.17. I compiled Samba 2.0.7 and I have my configuration working
correctly but when I put a large load on Samba, my network on the server
crashes. It seems that it only crashed  when using Samba. I have ftp'ed
from the server and downloaded large files and that works fine. I have
sent large amounts of data to the server using FTP and that works fine.
But when I transfer a lot of data using Samba, the network dies. I have
run "/etc/init.d/networking stop" then "/etc/init.d/networking
start" again to get everything back up. I have put Samba in a various
debug levels but I can't find any clues.

If anyone need any extra info to further assit me then please let me know.

Thank you,
Steve
steve at stevenet.olafsolutions.com