Looking for help with do_dirrand in lib/genrand.c

David L Kindred (Dave) d.kindred at telesciences.com
Tue Nov 28 01:20:03 GMT 2000

I've had to make a change to the function do_dirrand() in source file
lib/genrand.c in order to get 2.0.7 to run on a couple of my systems.

Before I go any further, I'd like to discuss the implications of
changing this with someone who understands the intent of this function,
since I fear my first solution will really screw up the randomization,
and a better solution needs to be found.  So, is there any one out there
familiar with that area of the code?

Thanks.

David L. Kindred                       mailto:d.kindred at telesciences.com
Unix Systems & Network Administrator   Telesciences, Inc.
Phone: +1 856 642 4184                 2000 Midlantic Drive, Suite 410
Fax: +1 856 866 0185                   Mount Laurel, NJ 08054 USA