Printer problem

Klaus Wirl kwirl at lucent.com
Fri Nov 17 12:02:17 GMT 2000

Peer Ueberholz wrote:

> Hi,
> I see the printers in the Network Neighborhood on the Client.
> When I want to install the Samba-printer on the client, I come to the
> point when I am asked to give a name to the printer. After pressing the
> Next button,
> I get the following message (translated form German):
>
> The printer could not be initialized. Stop all programs, restart
> windows and repeat everything again. Contact your system administrator
> if the error occurred again.
>
> Thats all. Restarting doesn't held at all. There is no message in the
> log-files on the Samba-Server.

What happens if you go via "Settings->Printer->New Printer" and
then "Print Server"

- You should see the all defined printers from your SAMBA server here
- You should be able to select one and continue (hopefully)
  There's a message saying that you should install the printer driver
  locally
- Select the proper printer driver from disk

HTH
Klaus
--
| Klaus P. Wirl             | Email: kwirl at lucent.com   |