Ogg.: Re: How to hide shares for users that have no rights

Lorenzo Corradini lcorradini at katamail.com
Tue Nov 14 19:01:02 GMT 2000

 Hello,

 again about this problem, I am very sorry. Well, in this moment I don't
 understand how to include files in two levels.
 Glenn, from you e-mail I understand that you have a smb.conf file
 and, I suppose,
 in this file you have defined the [global] section and the [home] section.
 In the smb.conf file you have not any other share definition and you only have
 include statements. Your smb.conf file looks like:

 [global]

 [home]

 include = /path/to fileA
 include = /path/to fileB

 If I understand right, in fileA and fileB you have:

 include = /path/to fileC
 include = /path/to fileD

 In fileC, fileD, .... you have shares definitions.

 In my case it doesn't work. I cannnot see shares that are defined in
 fileC, fileD, ....
 It only works if I put shares definitions in fileA, fileB, ....in the
 first include level. Why? Can you help me again about this problem?

 Thank you very much.

 Lorenzo.