Tape backup options?

Mark McBride mmcbride at bakerequipment.com
Fri Nov 10 21:48:17 GMT 2000

Hi,
   I'm trying to use Veritas' Backup Exec on an NT server to backup the Linux smb shares, but without success.  Has anybody managed to accomplish this feat?
   I tried Veritas tech support, but their response was a terse "We don't support Linux.  Thank you."

   The shares in question are accessible to the NT server, and to the username used by the backup process.  Also, other shares that actually reside on NT boxes back up just fine.  I'm using "security = domain".  Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Mark