SMBusers and Linux users synchronised, using NIS ?

Taczynski Pierre-Yves ptaczyns at oef.lucent.com
Thu Nov 9 14:19:06 GMT 2000

Hi,
I'm a newbie on this list, but I checked this morning the archives of
the list to be sure that my problem wasn't solved recently.
Here's the situation:
-one NIS server (SunOs) and one linux box (Mandrake 7.2 with samba
2.0.7), lots of NT-station around.
it's working fine for the regular LINUX passwords. I want that all LINUX
users have an equivalent samba account (ie: same loggin and password)
and I want it synchronised. How can I do that?
I tried mksmbpass.sh but as you already know the last and essential line
of /etc/passwd is "+::::::" and it does not work ("null passwords" was
set to "Yes", "update encrypted = Yes" and "encrypt passwords = No".

Regards.

--
[Lord Taki]
Evil is ruling over my eXistenZ! (:\W/umpscut:)