error messages -3 and -32

jtalon jtalon at insca.com
Tue Nov 7 09:33:33 GMT 2000

Urban Widmark escribió:

> On Mon, 6 Nov 2000, jtalon wrote:
>
> > Where can I found information about the next errors messages:
> >
> > smb_retry: signal failed, error=-3
>
> Means smbfs tried to talk to smbmount but the smbmount process was gone.
>
> > smb_trans2_request: result=-32, setting invalid
>
> Means you got an error when trying to send a request, a common cause is
> that the server disconnected the client.
>
> > smb_retry: new pid=521, generation=2
>
> Means smbfs managed to talk to smbmount and re-establish the connection.
> It's not an error, it's a success message.
>
> The one in the middle can be followed by the first or the last (error or
> success).
>
> Are you having problems or just annoyed by the messages? Come back with a
> description of what is wrong and what linux kernel versions & samba
> versions you have tested.
>
> And please try the latest 2.2.x-pre kernel if you can.
> (If you have no idea what I am talking about, try:
>  http://www.hojdpunkten.ac.se/054/samba/pre-patches.html)
>
> Possibly with this additional patch:
> http://www.hojdpunkten.ac.se/054/samba/smbfs-2.2.18-pre18-max_xmit-6.patch
>
> /Urban

Thanks in advance Urban.

My actual kernel version is 2.2.14-12 and
                    samba version is 2.0.6-9

The problem is that I have a NT Server acting as password and user validator
using the options in the /etc/smb.conf, and the net is working more and more
slowly when
I trie to reach some disc unit shared with samba.

[global]
    .
    .
    security = server
    password server = name_of_nt_server
    .
    .

Two more questions:
- There is a form in order to use the samba server to make the password and
user validations without passing trough Nt Server ?
- When can I found information about the samba errors codes.

Thanks you.

Jose