Help>>

hao-zj zj0572 at yahoo.com
Thu May 18 22:19:36 GMT 2000

Hi,

I downloaded the SAMBA binary code for Solaris 2.7.
and  try to let it running, but get some kind error.

The environment:

Samba version: 2.0.7
Samba server: server01 (192.168.1.14)
NT client   : client01 (161.192.1.86)
                           <==different networker and
NT client's resource controlled by Novell...

/opt/samba/lib/smb.conf:
       [global]
             workgroup = UFO
       [test]
           path= /export/home/test
           guest ok=yes

When I try to map to nt, I get some error:
    c:\> net use g:\\server01\test
  "The Network path was not found"           <====

I already put the ip address for the server and client
in the lmhosts and hosts file.  I do not know why the
NT client can not map it.

Another thing:  how can put the Solaris server and NT
client in the same group (UFO)????

Thanks

Mike