What client software do I need?

Roman, James (J.D.) jroman6 at ford.com
Thu May 18 18:01:16 GMT 2000

This test is designed to be run from the Unix server to see shares on a
remote NT server/workstation or Win 9x machine with File and Print sharing
active.  In both cases a shared folder/device must be set up on the NT
machine.  "nmblookup" is equivalent to using the "net view" command on a
win9x or winnt machine.  When they say "client software" they are referring
to the samba installation on the workstation/server that you installed in
on.  This test checks to see if your wins server on the Unix box is working
correctly.  If you are not implementing a wins server or trying to get wins
resolution on your Unix box, than skip this test. In order for this test to
work, the ACLIENT must be on the same subnet as you.