Pb with 2.0.6/2.0.7 and browsing

Giles Carre Giles.Carre at enseeiht.fr
Thu May 18 15:34:53 GMT 2000

Hello,

When my Samba is the local  master  browser,  it  doesn't  appear in the
Network Neighborhood of the client.  There is only the client itself.

When the client  (Windows NT 4  Workstation)  is the local  master,  the
Network  Neighborhood  shows the only two  nodes  that I have on my test
network, ie the Samba server and the NT 4 Workstation.

For the  browsing,  I use the  default  values.  I only  set  "preferred
master" to yes when I want Samba acting as the local  master, and "local
master" to no when I want the NT Workstation acting as the local master.

When Samba is the local master, all seems to be ok on the Samba side :

  .  log.nmb shows the election process

  .  browse.dat  contains  entries for the domain, the Samba  server and
  the NT client

  .  log.nmb shows the browsing request and the response when I open the
  Network Neighborhood

I have tried Samba 2.0.6 and 2.0.7.  Same problem.

Thanks in advance.

Giles Carré   -   Responsable du pôle Systèmes | Giles.Carre at enseeiht.fr
Centre de Ressources Informatiques             | http://www.enseeiht.fr
ENSEEIHT - INP Toulouse                        | Tél : 05 61 58 84 01
2, rue Camichel - 31071 Toulouse Cedex 7       | Fax : 05 61 58 82 09