Write permission on share

jeremy_koh at touch.org.sg jeremy_koh at touch.org.sg
Wed May 17 03:02:26 GMT 2000

Hi
Let me first thank you for the FAQ on diagnosis - managed to use that to
trouble shoot and enable my PC to view the share!  Wonderful.

I am just a bit puzzled on the user permissions.  I use mapping to map
whoever to root in the setup (though I know I shouldn't) but I still do not
have write permission when using the PC.  In the username map under Global
settings, I mapped it to a file called username.map and in it there is a
line with root=*.  I would think I have write capabilities...

Am I going it wrong!

"You are DEEPLY loved, COMPLETELY forgiven, FULLY pleasing, TOTALLY accepted
and
ABSOLUTELY complete in Christ"

Jeremy Koh
Tel: 340-3673  Fax: 440-5205