LPRng: Yet another LPRng question!!!!

Jonathan Knight jonathan at cs.keele.ac.uk
Mon May 15 15:11:34 GMT 2000

> and then quit in order to get the banner pages turned off (make sure the
> "quit" command is the  command to exit and save changes). As far as I
> have seen, this can't be turned off from the JetDirect software or from
> the front panel on any version of the HP printer. Annoying, huh?

If you are using the HP printer's inbuilt LPD support then sending it a job
using "lpr -h" does print the job without a banner page.  I've used this for
samba based printers where such and option is simple to add to the samba
config files.

--
  ______    Internet  :jonathan at cs.keele.ac.uk   Jonathan Knight,
    /                                            Department of Computer Science