pre2.0.7 CVS: could utmp/redhat be adjusted before pre2?

Giulio Orsero giulioo at pobox.com
Fri Mar 17 21:18:58 GMT 2000

SAMBA_2_0 CVS doesn't compile on linux rh6.x --with-utmp.

Compiling smbd/connection.c
smbd/connection.c: In function `utmp_update':
smbd/connection.c:349: structure has no member named `ut_syslen'
make: *** [smbd/connection.o] Error 1

David Lee suggested I posted my problems on the list, so here they are:

1)
Could the "ut_syslen" problem be handled somehow before pre2-2.0.7?
Following David advise, I commented that line out, and samba
compiles/works ok on my system.

2) this maybe is more complicated, I post it to know if maybe another rh
user has managed to make it work (I don't understand very much utmp/wtmp
files)
I use
utmp = yes
utmp directory = /var/run

then it seems /var/run/utmp is updated, but not /var/log/wtmp, so that
"who"/"w" report smb connections, but "last" do not (after the smb
session finished).

Thanks.

giulioo at pobox.com