Samba 2.0.6

Joachim Backes backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de
Fri Mar 17 05:54:55 GMT 2000

On 16-Mar-00 Herb Lewis wrote:
>  Joachim Backes wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >

> > 2. Logging of smbd: In my smb.conf if have an entry as
> >
> >          log file = /usr/local/samba/var/log.smb-origin
> >
> >    Then, after samba is started, this log file is created.
> >    So far so good. But an additional log file is created
> >    called "log.smb" whose name cannot be controlled in
> >    the smb.conf file.
> >
> >    Any workaround?
> >

>  This is because samba makes some log entries before smb.conf is read.
>  These entries go to log.smb

Hi, Herb,

here I see a little problem: I have attched 2 Origin2000 Servers which
share the same /usr/local (over NFS) directory, this means, that
there is only one /usr/local/samba, and therefore only   o n e   log.smb
file, a fact which produces racing effects. (for the "log file" entries
[see above], I took different names, which run fine).

Therefore, I mean that  a l l  such files should be configurable.

Regards

Joachim Backes

--

Joachim Backes <backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de>       | Univ. of Kaiserslautern
Computer Center, Supercomputing Division     | Phone: +49-631-205-2438