Differing Win & Linux user names

Daniel Foster daniel at blackomega.com
Thu Mar 16 03:27:36 GMT 2000

First off I'll admit that I'm a bit of a newbie to Samba and Linux so sorry if this is a dumb question, but I had a look and couldn't find the answer anywhere.

How do I map a username on a Windows 98 box to a different username on a Linux box?  For example, if my username on a Windows machine was 'Daniel Foster' and my username on the linux box was 'dan' how do I make it so the share for my home directory on my Linux box was available?

I tried putting a line like
dan = "Daniel Foster"
in smbusers but it didn't seem to help.  What is smbusers for anyway?  I can't find any mention of it in the docs.

Thanks, Dan.

---
                                                - Rob Gee

Daniel Foster - daniel at blackomega.com