Samba 2.0.6

Joachim Backes backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de
Thu Mar 16 08:32:15 GMT 2000

Hi,

I have 2 problems with samba V2.0.6 on IRIX 6.5.6 (Origin2000 HW):

1. making it with the IRIX C compiler, all is made fine and runs fine.
   But if I use gcc for making, then after installation, only nmbd
   runs, but smbd dies without any error msg.

   My gcc version is 2.95.2.
   Known?

2. Logging of smbd: In my smb.conf if have an entry as

         log file = /usr/local/samba/var/log.smb-origin

   Then, after samba is started, this log file is created.
   So far so good. But an additional log file is created
   called "log.smb" whose name cannot be controlled in
   the smb.conf file.

   Any workaround?

Regards

Joachim Backes

--

Joachim Backes <backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de>       | Univ. of Kaiserslautern
Computer Center, Supercomputing Division     | Phone: +49-631-205-2438