Compiling error on CVS

Stephen L Arnold arnold at ensco.cncoffice.com
Thu Mar 9 16:57:24 GMT 2000

"Gerstacker, Steve" <SGerstacker at gradall.com> wrote:

Subject: Compiling error on CVS

> When I compile the latest CVS, I get the following error:

> Compiling param/params.c
> gcc.colorgcc: Internal compiler error: program cpp got fatal signal 11
> make: *** [param/params.o] Error 1

> What did I do wrong??

Maybe you used the wrong deodorant?

The SIG11 error is more often the result of flakey/marginal hardware (although it could be a problem with the source/lib/header files).  Do you have the linux kernel source and header files installed?  (assuming you're running a GNU/Linux variant, of course)  What happens when you try and compile a kernel?

You may want to read the SIG11 FAQ (it should be in your /usr/doc/FAQ directory).  You can find the latest version at:

http://www.bitwizard.nl/sig11/