[2.0.7pre1]: NT_STATUS_INVALID_COMPUTER_NAME

The Hermit Hacker scrappy at hub.org
Thu Mar 9 12:51:08 GMT 2000

When I try to smbpasswd from a 2.6 machine, I'm getting the following,
where, from what I can tell, the setup is exactly th esame as for the
Solaris 7 machines that I've already installed on ... where does it get
the COMPUTER_NAME from?

Thanks ...

./smbpasswd -j ACADIA -r pdc.acadiau.ca
cli_net_req_chal: Error NT_STATUS_INVALID_COMPUTER_NAME
cli_nt_setup_creds: request challenge failed
modify_trust_password: unable to setup the PDC credentials to machine PDC.ACADIAU.CA. Error was : NT_STATUS_INVALID_COMPUTER_NAME.
2000/03/09 08:49:19 : change_trust_account_password: Failed to change password for domain ACADIA.
Unable to join domain ACADIA.

Systems Administrator @ hub.org
primary: scrappy at hub.org           secondary: scrappy@{freebsd|postgresql}.org