SAMBA digest 2440 / print spools loosing data

Axel Neumann amn at cromemco.com
Wed Mar 8 10:08:32 GMT 2000

Michael Packer wrote:

>Hello,

>I've got a machine running SCO (Release 5.0) and am running samba version
>2.03 (only version I could find already compiled for SCO).

You can download Samba 2.05a directly from the SCO web site
(http://www.sco.com/skunkware/net/index.html). It will work as long as do
not have SMP installed.

>My problem is when I print to a printer connected to WIN95/WIN98/NT
machines
>it occasionally loses it's mind.  1-10 page documents print no problem.
>When I try to print a >30 page document it will (once in a while) stop
after
>X many pages.  No error messages.  Just acts likes it's done.

>I can reprint it again and it will normally print (although sometimes it
>will do the same thing again then print fine the next time).

>Any ideas?

>(edited version of smb.conf below)
>[global]
>socket options = TCP_NODELAY
>keep alive = 900   (played with this but it hasn't helped any)

>[printers]
>  path = /var/spool/samba
>  browseable = no
>  guest only = yes
>  guest ok = yes
>  guest account = nobody
>  writeable = no
> printable = yes

>thanks in advance for any possible help!!!!

What print command you are using? Please make sure that you have included
the copy option (i.e. lp -c) otherwise it could be that your file is
removed from the Server before completely printed.

Best regards,

Axel Neumann