SAMBA digest 2437

Kim J. Brand kim at simple-mail.com
Sun Mar 5 14:05:53 GMT 2000

>I am having a little problem with executing logon scripts on Win95
>clients,
>logging into Samba Netlogon service.
>When a user logges in, a MS-DOS prompt shows up and quicky disappears.
>I have done the logon script in MS-DOS editor. I have the identical copy
>of
>the batch file on the Win95 machine. If, I run the logon.bat script in
>ms-dos prompt manually, it all executes
>successfully.
>My [netlogon] share looks like:
>[netlogon]
>comment = Samba Network Logon Service
>path = /usr/local/samba/netlogon
>browseable = no
>guest ok = no
>writeable = no
>In [global] I have:
>domain logons = yes
>logon script = LOGON.BAT
>therefor, the complete path of the LOGON.BAT is:
>/usr/local/samba/netlogon/LOGON.BAT
>The permission is:
>-rwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 340 Feb 1 17:16
>/usr/local/samba/netlogon/LOGON.BAT

i've gotten them to work.  by big problem was the difference between
cr-lf and lf.  in the ee editor, the one i have working has ^M after
each line.  to debug it i put 'pause' statements at the start and after
each line.  what i discovered when it wasn't working is that the lines
were not ending normally and the command interpreter was seeing long
lines without terminations that it recognized.

hopes this helps.

kim