FemFind - search engine for SMB/FTP shares

Martin Richtarsky Martin.Richtarsky at in.stud.tu-ilmenau.de
Tue Jun 27 08:03:11 GMT 2000

What is FemFind?

FemFind is a crawler/search engine for SMB shares. FemFind does also
crawl FTP servers and provides a web interface and a Windows client as
frontends for searching.

What do I need to run it?

The FemFind crawler runs on a Unix platform (currently only Linux has
been tested). It utilizes a MySQL database. The web interface requires
a webserver. In addition some Perl modules are required, for details
check the INSTALLATION part of the README.

The Windows client should work with all versions of Windows.

FemFind has been used for nearly a year in a university LAN and has
evolved quite a bit over time. Although it runs reasonably stable
I'm sure there are quite a few bugs still there. There are probably
some bizarre Windows/Linux shares out there which I didn't encounter
to date which it might not be able to handle.

Please give me feedback if you use FemFind in your network,
encounter any bugs or if you have problems with installation.

Where to get it?

Official Site:
http://femfind.codefactory.de/

Latest Versions

Crawler/Webinterface
http://www.codefactory.de/downloads/FemFind-0.68.tar.gz

Windows Client
http://www.codefactory.de/downloads/FemFind-winclient-0.65.zip

Martin Richtarsky

--
http://www.codefactory.de/

There are two ways to write error-free programs. Only the third one works.