auto-remount a failed NT mount?

John W. Lemons III jlemons at alpha1.net
Fri Jun 23 21:23:52 GMT 2000

I'm having a problem where NT users are rebooting (go figure) their
machines, and breaking mounts from that machine.  What I'd like to do
is either configure my SAMBA stuff correctly to recover these mounts
automatically, or write a script to umount/mount them for me when they
fail.  The problem I'm having it, how do I tell that a mount has died
so I can remount it?  I'd assume there is a call of some form I can
use in a shell script that will tell me the status of a mount.  Ideas?

Thanks!
John