PPP and Samba

Matthew Halliday matthewh at fesa.co.uk
Wed Jun 14 10:24:30 GMT 2000

Greetings

I ran this question several months ago and didn't really get anywhere
with it, and so let it go for a while as other things were pressing.
  Now I have a bit of breathing space, I'm back on it again.

We've got a PPP dial-in setup, with server asaigned IP addresses and PAP
authentication.  We have an HP LH3 NetServer with RedHat 6.1 and Samba.
We run 60-odd Windows 95 clients against it, and they log on using a
rather nice logon script that maps drives depending on UID and GID.
But when we dial in I also need the logon script to run and map the
Samba shares ro the remote PC/ laptop.  Trouble is, It doesn't.
TCP/IP connections are fine - I can telnet onto the server and
I can also access the intranet and e-mail from home.  But I can't get to
my files unless I use ftp.  I've got NetBEUI and TCP/IP running on my
home
PC, do I need a script to run on the client?  If so, what do I need in
it?

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Matt.