connect to multiple samba shares as different users?

Michael Wang mwang at mindspring.com
Sat Jul 29 18:05:14 GMT 2000

I am not able to connect multiple samba shares as different users.

If I put a different user in "connect as" on Windows NT, it reports
an error:

The credentials supplied conflict with an existing set of credentials

In order to connect as a different user, I have to log out and
log in again, and also one user at a time. I am not able to have
multiple connections at the same time.

The reason I want to have multiple connections at the same time
is I want to connect as my own ID, and as the application ID.

Is this expected behaviour or is there something that I can change.

I am running samba 2.0.7 on Solaris 7, and samba 2.0.5 on Solaris 2.6.
However I feel this is not a samba specific problem, since when
Windows NT gives the error messages quoted above without trying
to connect to samba server.

Thanks.