strange nmbd problems

LOVETT, David David.LOVETT at eur.crowncork.com
Thu Jul 20 11:21:45 GMT 2000

Hello,

We have three Samba servers running at our site. They are

1) Solaris 2.6 & Samba 2.0.4b
2) Solaris 7 & Samba 2.0.4n
	and
3) Mandrake linux 6.2 & Samba 2.0.3

We have experienced this problem on all of the above servers. After a period
of time (just over a month in the case of the linux box) the servers are no
longer registered with the WINS server. We have to restart nmbd to get them
working again. This is quite important as we have people in different parts
of the country and, even in different countries accessing shares over the
WAN.

Is it a recognised bug?
Is there any way to fix it, besides restarting nmbd when it does it?

Regards

Dave Lovett

--
Dave Lovett
Systems Department

david.lovett at eur.crowncork.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
confidential use of the above named recipient. If you are not the intended
recipient or person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient,
you have received this communication in error and must not distribute or
copy it.  Please accept the sender's apologies, notify the sender
immediately by return e-mail and delete this communication.  Thank you.