Clarity on using SAMBA and Mapping to a Sun Server

David Allan Finch david.allan at finch.org
Fri Jul 14 14:27:17 GMT 2000

"Hawks, Steven L" wrote:

>         What directory should I put samba-latest.tar.gz before unzipping?

By the sound of it you have either a lot of Unix / GNU knowledge to
learn (which is not a bad thing) or you need to just get the pre-build
package from http://www.sunfreeware.com/ because you will next
next a compiler to build from the sources once you have unpacked the
archive.

--
   /     The whole history of this invention has been a struggle
/\|/\    against time - Charles Babbage 1837 on the Analytical Engine
\___/    david.allan at finch.org - http://www.ironfort.com