Account Not Authorized ???

Terry G. Glagowski Terry.Glagowski at IDEDAS.com
Mon Jul 10 19:25:55 GMT 2000

Using Linux 5.2 Red Hat
Using WinNT 4.0 Workstation SP5
Trying to access a file system on the Linux Server (\\Ide)
from the WinNT workstation (\\Glagowski)

When the server \\Ide is selected in the Network Neighborhood Explorer,
a dialog box requesting Connected As: ___ and Password:___ appears.
Prividing correct information results in the message:
"The account is not authorized to login from this station".

On the Linux host, the "hosts" file has been updated OK,
and there is a user setup with the same name and password
as on the WinNT workstation host....

Any ideas as to what the problem might be?
We have several other WinNT workstations (SP3) using Samba OK,
is there something strange about SP5 that is preventing our use???

Thanks...

Terry G. Glagowski
147 Pleasant Street, Upton, MA 01568
(508) 529-3076 (home) voice mail after 5 rings
(EMail) mailto:GlagowskiT at acm.org
(Web)  http://www.kersur.net/~glagowsk/