Large directories . . .

Ian Roddis roddis at nortelnetworks.com
Thu Jul 6 18:42:18 GMT 2000

Howdy,

  I'm trying to set up a share for a unix directory for a client
(obviously :). The problems arises when the user tries to list the files
in a directory. There are 7500+ files in it, the result being that the
pc hangs for a while then says that the server isn't responding. I
looked at the caching and timeout options for both samba 1.9.X and 2.X,
but none of them seem to affect the problem that I'm having. Is there
some option that I can't see, or a compile time option? Is this a bug?

Thanks and Regards,
  Ian

-- The opinions expressed above are my own and are not in any way linked

to any other party or individual.