ASCII and Binary file for text file share

Julian.Tan at allianz.com.sg Julian.Tan at allianz.com.sg
Wed Jul 5 09:42:44 GMT 2000

I have finally competed setting up the samba server and setup the share
between NT and Samba server.

However, when I open a unix text file in Windows NT using notepad, i see
many funny characters and the text file is not in order (Just like when I
ftp the unix text file out into NT in binary format) ...I think this has to
be something to do with whether the file transfer is in Binary format or
ASCII ... Is there a parameter to set for this ? I have checked the
documents ... but couldn't find anything on this ...

Could anyone please help ?

Julian