Bug or Incompatibility?

Julian Halkon halkon at uue.org
Tue Jul 4 07:26:04 GMT 2000

Hallo,

I seem to have a problem in the co-existence of OS/2 Warp Server for
e-business and Samba on my Linux box (RedHat 6.2).

Since I have a dedicated the linux box for fileserving (because of
reiserfs), the OS/2 Server only serves as PDC and communcations handler.

Now to the problem: When an application tries to copy or move a file
from one Shared Drive to another (under OS/2 Warp 4.5) it doesn't work.
Once I tried it in the command line, I got the following error message:

"SYS0066: The network resource type is incorrect"

If you want to copy or move a file between shares, you need to copy it
to a local disk first and then you can move on...

Anyone ever encountered this one?

--

May the Force be with you,

   Julian Halkon