Win2000 connecting to Samba 2.0.6 server

Charles Peters - Tech Support support at tecpro.com
Tue Jul 4 02:06:14 GMT 2000

Greetings:

I have just upgraded my Win98 client machines to Win2000, and
now, I am no longer able to connect to my Samba Server, nor any
of the samba shares.

The ip addresses of the Client workstations are in the range of
192.168.0.200 tto 192.168.0.250.  The ip address of the samba
server is 192.168.0.4.  The client workstations belong to the
'workgroup' group.

Below is a copy of my smb.conf file:

# Global parameters
[global]
	workgroup = workgroup
	log file = /var/log/log.%m
	max log size = 50
	interfaces = 192.168.0.4
	netbios name = otis
	dns proxy = No
	server string = SambaServer

[homes]
	comment = Home Directories
	read only = No
	browseable = No

[printers]
	comment = All Printers
	path = /var/spool/samba
	print ok = Yes
	browseable = No

[music]
	browsable = Yes
	comment = Music
	write list = @peters
	create mode = 777
	directory mode = 777
	writable = yes
	path = /usr/sshare/music

This configuration has worked, and is still working with Window95
and 98 clients.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Also, where might I find information on using unencrypted
passwords in Win2000.

Thanks,

Charles

Charles Peters